Please write a note stating your interest, attach your resume and email to email@example.com. Please include job title in the subject line.
The Epilepsy Foundation Donation Center is looking for experienced and reliable drivers to help us pick up donations of clothing and household items. We have full time positions available in several areas, including the one included in the title of this job posting. Drivers are typically scheduled for four 10 hour days starting at 6:45am. Saturdays are required; and overtime as needed.
Compensation starts at $13.50/hour, with an additional incentive plan being offered based on meeting certain requirements. Benefits are provided to full-time employees.
We support the Epilepsy Foundation with the donations we collect by helping to fund programs for people that are living with epilepsy. Epilepsy is a medical condition characterized by recurrent, unprovoked seizures. Many people with epilepsy have more than one type of seizure and may also have other symptoms of neurological problems. There are approximately 65 million people in the world who live with epilepsy. Epilepsy can make life extremely difficult, and limit a person's life experiences. Check out our website at www.donatenewengland.org.
1. Drive a 16 foot box truck to pick up and deliver donations throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine.
2. Follow pre-programmed GPS routes to complete 50-100 pickups per day.
3. Maintain accurate daily manifest and complete delivery reports daily.
4. Follow all required DOT guidelines, including the completion of daily logs and vehicle reports.
5. Maintain communication with dispatch and supervisors throughout the day.
6. Provide excellent customer service with donors and Savers personnel at all times.
7. Demonstrate a professional manner at all times.
8. Overtime may be required at times.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Driving experience with a 16 foot box truck or similar truck is required.
2. Capable of lifting, pulling or pushing 50 pounds repetitively throughout the day.
3. Ability to communicate clearly with dispatchers, donors and management.
4. Ability to read maps and use a GPS.
5. Must have a clean driving record (4 points or fewer on your record).
6. Must be able to clear a background check.
7. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, DOT physical, and random drug screenings.